Massachusetts Police Report Requests
Requests for public records may be oral, written, in person or by mail, Massachusetts General Laws (M.G.L.) Chapter 66, Section 10 (b). The requestor need not identify themselves 950 CMR 32.05 (5) unless requesting that reports be mailed to you. All requests will receive a response within ten (10) days business days M.G.L. Chapter 66, Section 10 (a-b). Fees: M.G.L. Chapter 66, Section 10 (a). All fees MUST be paid in advance.
- Cost for reports: $0.05 per page plus postage costs.
Record Release Denial, Any person denied a public record may seek redress through the administrative process provided by the Office of the Supervisor of Public Records via 950 CMR 32.08 (2)
Reports will not be released until the investigation has been completed, the report filed, typed, and reviewed by a supervisor.
Public Record Request Resources
- Massachusetts Public Record Law - Click here
- Official Guide to the Massachusetts Public Records Law - Click here
- Massachusetts Newspaper Publishers Association’s (MNPA) - Click here
- Auburn Police Public Records "On-Line" Request - Click here
- Auburn Police Public Records "Mail-In" Request - Click here
- Auburn Police Records Access Officer - Click here
Accident Reports, Arrest Reports, or Police Reports from the Auburn Police Department can be made at the Records Department located within the police stations lobby. Operational Hours: Monday thru Friday, 8:am - 12:pm & 1:pm - 4:pm
Public Police Log:
The Public Police Log (PPL) lists the arrests and incidents that take place in the Town of Auburn. This log will not contain information on victims of a crime or juvenile arrests.
The PPL is printed after each patrol shift and is posted immediately within the Auburn Police Departments public lobby for view. This PPL is available 24/7 but MUST remain in the police lobby.
For convenience, the PPL will also be posted on-line within our official website (www.auburnmasspolice.org) in a weekly format and will remain available on our website for a total of six (6) weeks.
PPL from: 05/07/2017 thru 05/14/2017
PPL from: 05/14/2017 thru 05/21/2017
PPL from: 05/21/2017 thru 05/28/2017
PPL from: 05/28/2017 thru 06/04/2017
PPL from: 06/04/2017 thru 06/11/2017
PPL from: 06/11/2017 thru 06/18/2017
The PPL requires Adobe Acrobat Reader (download Adobe free here)
Other Form Downloads
- Massachusetts RMV - Motor Vehicle Accident Operator Report
- Auburn Police - Burglar & Fire Alarm Registration Form
- Auburn Police - ID Theft Affidavit - Download - Part One
- Auburn Police - ID Theft Affidavit - Download - Part Two
- Auburn Police - Solicitation Permit Request Form
- Auburn Police - Take me Home, Keep me Safe Program